Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VTAb182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I'm looking into screen/back protectors for my iphone 4. It seems like wet application protectors are more what I'm looking for, but I also don't like orange peel texture. From your experience, what company makes the most crystal-like wet application screen protector?

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Total bump, but I'm also curious as to what is the smoothest screen protector (wet or dry application)? I love the glass smoothness of the iPhone 4 and would rather not sacrifice that for a protector that may or may not do its job.

I've heard a lot of good things about Wrapsol but are they also an "orange peel" type?

gatd

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
I use xtreme guard and if installed correctly you cant tell its on ! love it

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
I'm looking into screen/back protectors for my iphone 4. It seems like wet application protectors are more what I'm looking for, but I also don't like orange peel texture. From your experience, what company makes the most crystal-like wet application screen protector?

Wrapsol, Zagg IS, BSE, Ghost Armor, Phantom Skins, Body Guardz, etc.

Wet Application with adhesive (some now have dry option). Orange Peel Effect and Rubbery Texture. Installation can be a biatch. You will never be able to replicate the nice glassy texture of your naked iphone with these skins, period. I don't care what anyone says. Yes, there are skins that have less orange peel effect, but you will never have one without this effect. They are all made of the same material. They are all durable, provide great protection, but these aren't for me because of the texture.

SGP

I have yet to try the SGP but I have to admit I am intrigued. From what I hear it has the best texture with minimal orange peel effect than those skins listed above. I might actually order and apply an SGP on my iphone until Power Support comes out with their front/back protectors.

Power Support Crystal films

As of stated previously, it's all about the texture for me. Well you cannot beat Power Supports crystal films. It's basically like putting a sheet of glass on your iphone glass. Installation is easy. The backing of the Power Support films has no adhesive, which is why it is so easy to install and easy to remove. The films are not "rubbery" like those other soft skins. It is a hard film. I will be ordering Power Supports front and back protectors once they are available to order. On top of that I will be using a bumper (maybe a vapor bumper if I want to really pimp out my phone).

These are just my 2 cents. Anyone agree?

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
I am looking for the smooth screen protector. I read a review of the Phantom Skinz and the guy said there is a minimal orange peel feel. Is the Power Support really all that great as far as feel? I also love the matte finish look on the back, so I may do a matte finish back only Phantom Skin and a Power Support crystal on the front.

And by the way, what is "rainbowing"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.