Smoothness

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Is it just me or is iOS 6 not as smooth as iOS 5? I feel like i'm using an Android - kind of regret upgrading.

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
It might be too slow of a device if you aren't using a 4S or iPad 3. But also don't forget that the betas are always slow/laggy/buggy. Don't expect razor sharp performance.

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
It might be too slow of a device if you aren't using a 4S or iPad 3. But also don't forget that the betas are always slow/laggy/buggy. Don't expect razor sharp performance.
I'm using a 4s..I'm new to the developer program. How often does a new Beta come out and how will I know it has been released. Is there any way to be alerted?

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
It's a beta, it's gonna be buggy/laggy. It's not ment to be a daily driver on you personal device. It's ment to load up on you dev device so you can test your apps on the new OS and take advantage of any new APIs. That's why it's not available to the puplic.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Beta, dev version.

Lots of debug routines likely active in the background.

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Actually this beta 1 is A LOT better than iOS 5 Beta 1. I had so many problems with that one.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Is it just me or is iOS 6 not as smooth as iOS 5? I feel like i'm using an Android - kind of regret upgrading.
with my experience so far with iOS 6, it is actually much smoother and snappier than iOS 5, only have had one problem so far with it and that is that the brightness keeps changing on its own and auto brightness is just not working, other than that, really no problems with me

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
with my experience so far with iOS 6, it is actually much smoother and snappier than iOS 5, only have had one problem so far with it and that is that the brightness keeps changing on its own and auto brightness is just not working, other than that, really no problems with me
I'm just going to keep it on my testing devices. The app store is too laggy and slow for primary device.

Do you have it on your primary day to day iPhone? I can't manage.

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Beta 1 is screaming fast on my new iPad.
It's not BAD...It's just not optpimal to have it on your day to day device b/c there will be so many more Beta's and its a pain in the ass to update twice a month!

Best to stick to keeping it on Tester Units (iPods, iPads, or secondary iPhones)

But, to each his own!

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
It's not BAD...It's just not optpimal to have it on your day to day device b/c there will be so many more Beta's and its a pain in the ass to update twice a month!

Best to stick to keeping it on Tester Units (iPods, iPads, or secondary iPhones)

But, to each his own!
I see absolutely no impact in performance compared to 5.1.1 on my iPad.

And the updated Siri works well and is very quick to reply also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.