Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opsGordon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
We've just released Smoovie, a brand new application made exclusively for the Mac.

Smoovie lets you effortlessly create and share stop motion movies. It's simple and it's fun! All the details and a free trial can be found on our website:

http://www.smoovie-app.com

Go grab the software and make some awesome stop motion! We'd love to see what you come up with!

fairtrade

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
For years all I've wanted to do is use my digital SLR on a tripod with my remote release to take photos of my stop motion character and have an app that quickly stitches them all together and turns them into a 25fps movie.

Shame yours it another app that doesn't do that.

opsGordon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

If you're talking about tethering your DSLR so that the images get captured straight into the software, you are correct - Smoovie does not support that.

However, you can capture your images to the memory card of your DSLR and import them on to your Mac and then into Smoovie. Smoovie supports importing images from iPhoto, Aperture or from any folder on your Mac.

Once the images are in Smoovie the frame rate can be adjusted in the inspector. The default is 15fps but we allow anything up to 30fps.

Going back to the support of DSLR tethering for a minute... Apple are building DSLR tethering into OS X and 10.6.4 released last night improves the situation somewhat so this may be a feature we will give some attention to in a future Smoovie update. We'd have to be careful though - as you can probably tell from our website, our target audience for Smoovie is primarily families and we're not so sure that Dad will be too happy if his 6 year old starts playing with his $1000 camera!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.