SMS and phone calls

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by kurolap, Jun 26, 2014.

1. kurolap macrumors member

Hi guys just installed Yosemite and do I have to somehow enable the sending of sms messages and phone calls? When I highlight a number there is no call option and when I try to send a text message there does appear a "text message" icon beside phone number but #1. The name doesn't come up, just the number and #2. It tries as iMessage and fails.

Running iOS8 as well.

2. dBeats macrumors 6502a

dBeats

I was able to get/receive green bubble texts, but so far the calling feature hasn't worked for me...

3. kurolap thread starter macrumors member

Whenever I text someone from my phone it shows up on my messages but I cannot reply or create a new text, always gives me the red exclamation mark

4. danieldriessen macrumors newbie

Yes, you have to enable the "Continuity"-feature. Somewhere in the system settings. Sorry but i can't remember where to find it exactly.
    But i guess if you have a look at each settings panel you will be able to find it.

5. ProphetX macrumors regular

I was actually getting errors while trying to send sms messages. But today it just started working. I honestly think is something on apples end.

6. iGawain macrumors member

It's in System Preferences>General "Allow Handoff..."

More likely an issue with your iPhone's signal, in which case it will not send SMS.

7. kurolap thread starter macrumors member

You're right it was off, I turned it on though, restarted both devices and still doesn't work. When trying to send a text it still tries to send a blue bubble even though I wait till in the compose box it says "text message" but then it fails.