SMS App: MMS? Forwarding? Price?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I just jailbroke my iphone (yay, it's like I have a brand new toy!) and I was trying to figure out how to get mms. I have seen two sms apps so far.

SwirlyMMS: From what I determined on my brief overview of the threads, this doesn't work on at&t. is this still the case or have we figured out a way?

BiteSMS: This one I have actually downloaded. I see that you have to pay money to get sms's through their service, so does that mean you need to pay to get MMS too? or can I use my at&t text plan and direct it through biteSMS to receive MMS? Also, I don't really see how to forward either.

Basically I want to be able to use MMS for free (I would hardly ever use it). And how much do the SMS's cost with the apps? They claim to be much cleaper than the at&t plans

2. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

First of all, you can SEND free text messages through Instant messenger like AIM, Plaringo etc... from the Official app store. I don't know how exactly to be honest, but it says in the description of the apps

Second of all, You CAN'T RECEIVE text messages if you don't have a text plan with your phone provider. Or you might be able to receive them, but you'll be charged like 3 cents per message or so....

Lastly, Swirly is an MMS app, I have it working with at&t, but there is a whole lot of trouble that you need to figure it out. and you need to have a media package to send/receive text, picture and whatnot....with your phone service provider

I personally use iReamSMS
    http://www.irealsms.com/
    The ability to type text in landscape is a must for me. Again text messages are not free, you need a text plan with your phone service provider