SMS app question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by solideliquid, Jul 27, 2009.

1. solideliquid macrumors 6502

solideliquid

In the SMS app, I'm finding that I constantly wish there was a way to drop the key board away so texts can be seen. Is there a quick way to do this?

This would be very usefull in landscape mode where the kb takes an enormous amount of the screen.

2. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Huh... I never noticed, but in landscape, you're right -- what a pain. I stay in portrait view mostly, so It never bit me.

Can't see a fast way, other than to tap <Messages to go back to the list of threads, then back into the conversation you want. it does make the keyboard go away, but it's less than elegant.

3. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Only way I know is to go back to Messages, and then click back into the desired conversation.

I do wish there was a button somewhere to do this is one shot.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    yup. Same to the above. Sorry bud.

There should be like a double click on the screen that makes it go away or something. oh well

5. toughluck macrumors member

Haha. There is a way. Just press EDIT. If you dont mind the little lines between the txts

-toughluck

6. actorkid macrumors 6502

+1

pressing edit hides the keyboard, so you can read messages. Once you're done reading, press done, and the keyboard will come back up and you can resume typing messages and whatnot. It'll save any text previously typed

great and easy workaround IMO

7. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Not bad, I'll certainly try this out.