iOS SMS apps . Is it feasible to do?

spilakalb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Hi,

I need to develop an iPhone SMS apps.This app should monitor incoming sms using Apple Push service(APN). Is it feasible to do? And how to configure APN?

macsrcool1234

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Hi,

I need to develop an iPhone SMS apps.This app should monitor incoming sms using Apple Push service(APN). Is it feasible to do? And how to configure APN?
You can't do this stock, you would have to be jailbroken in order to develop and use an app that interfaced with SMS messages (unless you make your own protocol/service).

spilakalb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Thank you for the replay.

I dodn't want to use the in-built iphone sms app.I will create new sms apps which should be able to send sms (I am sure... this is possible ) and should be able to read the push Apple push notification message. Is this possible without jail braking the device?

spilakalb

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
The requirment is :

Our sms apps will get the notification from server thru APN Service.Then app sould be able to process those notification message like saving in the database , display in proper format based on priority and some other operations.Thats why I am looking for developing my own app.Your thought will be appreciated.

BTW.. FishText is free?