SMS apps . Is it feasible to do?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by spilakalb, Oct 10, 2012.

1. spilakalb macrumors member

Hi,

I need to develop an iPhone SMS apps.This app should monitor incoming sms using Apple Push service(APN). Is it feasible to do? And how to configure APN?

2. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

You can't do this stock, you would have to be jailbroken in order to develop and use an app that interfaced with SMS messages (unless you make your own protocol/service).

3. spilakalb thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the replay.

I dodn't want to use the in-built iphone sms app.I will create new sms apps which should be able to send sms (I am sure... this is possible ) and should be able to read the push Apple push notification message. Is this possible without jail braking the device?

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Yes, but there are apps out there that already do it, like FishText, so I'm not sure why you'd want to.

5. spilakalb thread starter macrumors member

The requirment is :

Our sms apps will get the notification from server thru APN Service.Then app sould be able to process those notification message like saving in the database , display in proper format based on priority and some other operations.Thats why I am looking for developing my own app.Your thought will be appreciated.

BTW.. FishText is free?

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yes, it is do-able.

Have you read through the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide yet?