SMS auto-correct LIST gone in 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TwoBytes, Jul 17, 2008.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

When you're typing did the iphone use to have a list of words it was going to correct to? 2.0 doesn't do this (unless you have to build up some sort of dictionary..)

Any anyone seen this feature in 2.0 or is it something apple left out?

2. higgalls macrumors regular

Are you talking about when writing an SMS, for example, and you type a word incorrectly it puts the correct word above it, and when you press SPACE it corrects it automatically for you? If so, this feature is definately in 2.0. I use it for SMS quite a bit (still getting used to the small keyboard on it).

3. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Fine with me I hate the Auto correct

4. KPEN7 macrumors member

How can you hate the auto correct? i misspelled every letter in a word and the auto correct still knew which word i wanted

genius!

5. higgalls macrumors regular

Yeah it would be incredibly frustrating without it.

I don't think there is a way to turn it on or off though, so it should be working for everyone.

6. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

i think my question was phrased wrong. In the old firmware when you were typing i could have sworn a list of a few words would appear which the iphone would autocorrect and narrow down to. It seems as though in firmware 2.0 there is no list of suggested words anymore - just one word as you are typing.

Can anyone confirm this?

7. sibruk macrumors 6502a

No, there's never been a list - just the one which it deems to be the closest match.