SMS Bubble Colour

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Big Ells, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Big Ells macrumors 6502

Big Ells

For the love of god how do i change them. Created a sms theme, won't work, tried putting them in my winterboard icon theme, won't work. Tried putting them in the hidden iphone file, and they still come up the standard green and grey!

What am i missing?

Thanks

2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

What you are missing is the several other threads here about this exact topic.
    Might try to search or read a couple of pages of recent threads

3. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I have searched, hence i've listed what i have done. Obviously i am missing something, and if i knew what that was i wouldn't be asking now would i?

4. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Using Winterboard create the following heirarchy in your theme.

Theme Name > Bundles > com.apple.chatkit

Place the images in that bundle and you'll be good to go. Name the images as follows if on an IP4

- Balloon_1@2x.png
    - Balloon_2@2x.png

Good luck

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Second link under search on "SMS bubbles" in this forum:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1012933&highlight=sms+bubbles

This one has both instructions, and a number of retina ready color pngs to use. I used this post a few weeks ago and it worked great. As always, before making changes like these, be sure to back up your original files someplace.

Note: changing the bubbles this way does carry through to programs like BiteSMS. Because it's not in the Application folder for that app, any updates to the app don't affect this change, so you won't have to redo them after every update--good news for those on the current Bite beta, which seems to update every couple of days right now! LOL

6. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Used that topic and it didn't work, hence my post asking for help.

Thanks will deffo give it a go when i get home from work.

7. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Really ? :rolleyes:

Click thumbnail for larger view.

Attached Files:

8. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Sorry your point is?

9. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Having a very hard time understanding why you can't find the same threads we can easily find, that's all.

10. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

I can find them and I have used them. It still doesn't change the fact that the sms bubbles aren't changing colour, even though everywhere I check the green bubble is red, but when I respring they are still green!

Seeing as I have said this a couple of times now, I find it hard to understand that you can't comprehend simple English!

11. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

The instructions as posted in the thread which you were referred to are correct and do work. Perhaps you are not doing it correctly ?
    Good luck.

12. TJone macrumors 6502a

Make sure you use the underscore character for the filenames - When I tried changing them the first time I used a space and it did not work either.

The png files should have the underscore like:
    Balloon_1@2x

13. Big Ells thread starter macrumors 6502

Big Ells

Thats what i'm getting at! There obviously is somthing but i can't see it, if people like TJone offer suggestions i will double check. It is most prob a user error.

Thanks will double check tonight :D

14. TJone macrumors 6502a

I made this mistake myself so it is worth checking. I first tried changing the png files without winterboard and it was not working. Then I realized the original files (I renamed) had the "_" in the file names and the alternates I was trying to use I left off the underscore. After I changed and resprung it worked. Then I put back the original files and made the changes through a Winterboard theme like described in the great post above... good luck

15. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

When you substitute the replacement .png files, if it doesn't ask permission to overwrite the existing files, then you don't have them named correctly.