SMS bug while roaming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimmysalg, Dec 2, 2007.

1. jimmysalg macrumors member

I noticed this once I upgraded to 1.1.2. I did the upgrade while I was in Italy, I notice that now when i get a text message I hit slide to unlock and it hangs up, and returns to the lock screen. The text message no longer shows as new even though I have not actually viewed it. If I receive a text and i just leave the phone, the preview goes away and I get no notification of a missed SMS, until I go to the home screen and I see a "1" next to the "sms" button. The problem went away as soon as I got back to the states. Now I'm in Brazil and I have the same exact issue again! Only seems to happen when I'm out of the country. Anyone else experiencing this???

2. jimmysalg thread starter macrumors member

Well I'm back on the states and YES definately this bug only happens while roaming. Surprised no one out there has encountered this.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i upgraded to 1.1.2 shortly after it was released, and then went to canada for a week on holiday and did not experience any issues like you described with sms. maybe the networks of the countries you were in were factors?

4. ImAliveUK macrumors member

ImAliveUK

Im on the UK network and it happens to me in Cape Town

5. jimmysalg thread starter macrumors member