SMS count?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Is there any way to keep track of the SMS count on your iphone? Or is there any way you can look up the number of SMS's you've sent/received this month with at&t??

This would definitely come in handy. I used to have 200, now I have 1500. 1500 seems like unlimited. unfortunately it's not. I have fb mobile, aim mobile, and i'm really upped my texting amount... i'm afraid i'm going to treat this like unlimited and go 500 over my limit and pay out the butthole..
    :rolleyes:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just go to your at&t account info page. It tells you how many minutes you've use and the number of SMS messages you've used.

TEG

3. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

You can check on the att.com website. AIM does not count as an SMS message only SMS counts as SMS :eek:

4. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

wait is this something you have to do online? I've tried accessing my account online, but i haven't been able to yet cause i'm on a family plan so i'd have to get my dad to set it up.

but aim mobile sends it to your cell phone as a text. the aim app doesn't work right..

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You have to make an account with a login. I forgot how i did it, but it isn't my account, and i can access it. I just put in the main number on the account, a password of my choice, and then i'm in. You probably have to put in the account number and possibly the last 4 digits of the SSN number when setting it up, but don't ask me, it's been a longggggggggg time since i made it.

6. hkftw macrumors member

I'm on a family plan too, and you can make separate logins for each number.

7. christall109 macrumors 6502

I too have a family plan with a 200 SMS limit. To find out how many I have remaing, I simply dial *3282# and a SMS message is sent to my iPhone telling me just how many I have left. I use it quite often.

8. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

You might not be able to see your SMS count until the end of this first billing cycle. I don't understand it, but my (and others who have posted on here) only see a message saying that we can't see any data usage until the the end of this billing cycle. Makes it tough to know how many messages I've used during this first month with a new phone. :rolleyes:

9. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I think it would be great to see a bar that shows in volume how many messages you have left...whenever you go in to compose a message.

More user friendly management...ftw! :D

10. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

thanks!!! that is VERY helpful.

But I have to wait till the end of my next billing cycle.. oh well, just one month without knowing!

11. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

That sucks if you only have one left. :p

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Nope, that text doesn't count against your total.