iPhone SMS.db editing

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by kasufd, Jul 30, 2012.

1. kasufd macrumors newbie

In Brazil, a recent change in mobile numbers makes my messages without identification.
    Mobile numbers from local area number 11 recived a 9 digit before than, example:
    +55 11 8888 8888 turns into +55 11 98888 8888 (for better understanding, read this: http://www.techveger.com/2012/07/ninth-digit-in-sp-understand-how-this.html)
    There is a lot of app on Apple store to make this change on your adress book, but it don't change SMS information.
    My contact numbers is stored something like this: 0118888888. With the change, turns into 01198888888. My old SMS now are without identification.
    I'm trying to edit SMS.db to make changes that I need in phone numbers, but I can't open this file.
    I've tried SQLAdmin, SQL Browser, RazorSQL and a few more software, no success.
    Anyone can tell me how I do this?
    Apple Gadget: iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1

Summary:
    How can I open and edit SMS.db from an iOS 5.1.1 device?

PS.: Really sorry for my bad english.

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Do any of them can open SQLite databases?
    Because as far as I remember, SMS.db is nothing more than a SQLite-based db.
    I remember using (on Windows) a Firefox extension to open SQLite, since I wasn't able to find software for it, or something (there should be tons of OS projects on say, Sourceforge, but for some reason that time I couldn't find any and had to resort to that extension).

3. kasufd thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried SQLiteStudio and was sucefull, but when I've made a change and try to save i got this message: "no such function: read"

Any light?!

4. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Then follow my previous advice and use this firefox extension, even if you don't use Firefox, you can uninstall it afterwards.