SMS Delivery Report?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mark Morb, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Mark Morb macrumors regular

Mark Morb

Hi,

Bought the iPhone yesterday and so far I'm loving it...one quick newbie question.
    On all my previous phones I've been able to select an SMS delivery message...basically when I sent a message I would get a message back when the other person received it. I cannot find a setting anywhere on the iPhone to enable this...it was on my Sony Ericsson, Motorola and Panasonic phones....

Cheers,
    Mark Morb

2. intoxicating macrumors newbie

at the start of your text message you need to put *0# if your on o2, not as good as proper delivery reports but it's good enough.

3. Mark Morb thread starter macrumors regular

Mark Morb

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try...
    Cheers

4. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Just tried it on T-Mobile in the UK, and it works very well. Many thanks for the fab tip - this is a real secret revealed!

I got delivery reports on my old phone/network, and it didn't save them which was cool, then on another phone/network, each delivery report was a new message, which was saved, so, if sending 30 sms/day my sms inbox filled up with 30 delivery reports / day :( I turned that off pretty fast.

Now I can ask for delivery reports on just the messages I want to know about.

Many thanks, gotta remember that code tho - 'Star, zero, hash. Star, zero, hash ... '

5. peanut48 macrumors regular

Would anyone happen to know the code for airtel in India?

I've tried the following (with and without space before the text) but none have worked.
    !
    #
    *0#
    *nm#
    *N#
    *NOT#

6. arubinst macrumors 6502

It doesn't work here on Swisscom mobile Switzerland :(