SMS Forwarding ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enigmah, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Enigmah macrumors member

Enigmah

Hi All,

Is there a way for me to forward an SMS.(i.e. 3rd Party Applications) I recieve some excellent jokes from a few friends and would love to forward them on without having to type the whole thing out again !

P.S. - My iPhone is NOT jailbroke !

Cheers

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

i dont know if you can forward when jailbroken but basically slap steve jobs in the face or his developers there is no forwarding or mms or video recording go look at other forums they will inform you better or search in google

3. Enigmah thread starter macrumors member

Enigmah

No, My iPhone really isn't jailbroken, I didn't want someone posting a reply saying to use an application that was only available for jailbroke phones.

I agree though, I posted so much feedback on the Apple website requesting MMS and SMS forwarding........I don't care about anything else, if those 2 features where in the next firmware upgrade I'd be more than happy....

4. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

i know what you mean i did the same thing but eh we can keep dreaming thats why i sold mine i loved it i was a owner from the day it came out and thinking the features will come out but after a year they really didnt do anything when simple crap phones had more than this, the only thing that the iphone has is the shiny nice easy touchscreen and thats absolutely it, and it really never going to change because apple wants to keep it simple. Rant over :p

5. Enigmah thread starter macrumors member

Enigmah

The thing that gets me is you can get an Application that will do the most complex of things, So if Apple wanna keep it simple then do !!

Just release a couple of Apple apps that the end user can choose wether he wants to have it or not. The apps could be add-ons like SMS forwarding or MMS. or better still in the settings have an option to turn off the ability to forward SMS if you think its gonna get confusing ! However if this would confuse somebody they deserve to walk this earth let alone own an iPhone, haha !

I love the phone and it is by far the best one I've had, but the lack of the fundamentals is beginning to wear me down !

I'll give it 5 minutes now untill I get a barrage of abuse ! I'm not an iPhone hater before you do complain ! But Apple just seem intent on improving things that will get them more revenue !

How hard can it be to add SMS forwarding ??? I mean in the UK I can go out and buy a phone for £19.99 with MMS and SMS forwarding, The phone will be the biggest pile of crap ever, but its these basic functions that Apple have left off........

My Rant Over :rolleyes:

6. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

totally agree but what can you do its either have the best touch screen phone thats basically a toy or have a advanced phone with all the features but worse touchscreen then the iphone nobody god darn wins i would say if blackberry and apple joined forces the phone they would make would rule the universe

7. Enigmah thread starter macrumors member

Enigmah

Too true,

In my honest opinion, Apple jumped feet first into a phone market and forget the fundamentals and basics that all phones should have as standard !

8. ask412 macrumors newbie

SMS forwarding, hmmmm....something to think about.

This is a curious issue the forwarding omission on iPhone. Is it possible SMS forwarding out of any phone has great potential for viral problems?
    One thing is certain security experts and spammers both think outside the box.
    Given the number of chain mail virus on email today, Apple may be acting with caution when it comes to enabling sms forwarding. After all, it is only a few lines of readily available standard code for forwarding sms.

You may have noticed a good deal of the iPhone forwarding software looks as if sourced in Russia, I hope these thoughts about sms are wrong, and it doesn't ever become an issue. Wishing you all well.

9. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

I don't know why apple wont do this but i actually never find the need to do this so its not surprising they are not wasting time. The typical sms conversation is between 2 users so its not essential at all. but the facility should be there for show..

delivery reports would come in quite handy i must admit/say tho..

10. The Phazer macrumors 68030

No, it's not possible at all.

SMS has a maximum character limit of 140. Even if you joint two together, you're about a million characters short of being able to write even the most basic virus.

SMS is pretty sandboxed too, unless you're Android... Anyway, even if there was such a weakness, any phone could forward the message, so not having a forward facility on the iPhone wouldn't do anything to stop it...

Phazer