SMS from a contact shows as 'Voicemail'

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tmiles81, Sep 28, 2012.

1. tmiles81 macrumors member

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out.

I got my iPhone 5 set up on Telstra (Australian network) yesterday, but whenever my wife sends an SMS, the preview says it has come from 'Voicemail'.
    When i go into the message, it shows up as being from my wife along with all previous messages.

I have had a SMS from a friend and theirs showed their name correctly in the preview screen.

Has anyone had this or heard of it before? I tried deleting her from my contacts and then re-adding, but still hasn't fixed the problem.

Thanks,

Tim

2. Sambob75, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

Sambob75 macrumors newbie

Hi I have the exact same problem,

I have tried deleting and adding, have tried a factory reset, nothing seems to work. I have lodged a ticked with Apple and they did not seem to care, have also lodged a ticket with Telstra and they are looking into the issue, by the way Apple said it was a Telco issue.

Did you find a fix?

By the way does you wife happen to have a HTC windows phone? perhaps it is a bug.

And one more thing, does your wife have 101 in her number, I think it is a iPhone bug.

Sambob.

3. tmiles81 thread starter macrumors member

Hi, nah i haven't found a fix yet and i did the whole deleting and re-adding like you!
    Her phone is an iPhone 4 and yes she has 101 in her number too.
    Let me know what Telstra end up saying please its just so annoying when i get a sms from her!
    Thanks.

4. Sambob75 macrumors newbie

Hi,

No love from Telstra, I think it is a bug we will have to learn to live with I have tried numerous things but the phone has a mind of its own!!

5. hammered24 macrumors newbie

Have the exact same problem.

Telstra iPhone 5 running iOS 6.

Number has 101 in it. Setting the contact to use the +61 4xx xxx xxx instead of 04xx xxx xxx seems to have fixed it.

6. Sambob75 macrumors newbie

I tried that did not seem to work for me.

7. 2011Mnglxr macrumors newbie

Exact same problem here!

And yes 101 in the number..
    Please keep us updated if u find a fix

8. marty085 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same issue on Telstra post paid on a 3GS running iOS 6.1, my mate's number has 101 in it.. it is really damned annoying.