SMS GV Extension & 2-Step authentication

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ShionoyaTamaki, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

Anyone able to use 2-step authentication with SMS GV Extensions?

https://gvexts.appspot.com/sms/sms.html claims "fully compatible with iOS 5 (and iOS 4.x) and Google’s 2-step authentication."

But I can't figure out how 2-step works with SMS GV.

[​IMG]
    There is a spot to enter in your Google voice user/pass (first step), but where do I enter in my 6 digit pin from Google Authenticator app? (second step)

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

This tripped me up too at first.

Username = JUST your username (I was putting username@gmail.com at first)
    Password = Your regular google voice/gmail password

Hope this help :)

Also make sure you have the actual Google Voice app from the appstore on your phone and signed into it + allow push notifications (at first I only has SMS GV Extension without the actual app and it didn't work ;))

3. ShionoyaTamaki thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm does it matter if I am a google apps user with my own domain?

I have the official Google voice app installed. Been using that for a while. I was able to receive text messages with GV Extension into the stock Message App, but unable to send any.

Usually, 2-step verification, you enter in your user/pass for step1 and it prompts for a 6number digit provided from google authenticator as step2.

4. ShionoyaTamaki thread starter macrumors 6502

looks like SMS GV Extension doesn't support 2-step authentication even though it says it does.

you have to make a Application-specific passwords to be able to send msgs.