SMS GV Extension - Problem Sending Texts

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by epiphenie, Dec 31, 2010.

1. epiphenie macrumors newbie

Users with secure Google password (ones with symbols like "&") - you will have to remove the symbols from your password to be able to send using SMS GV Extension Version 1.3.1. Hopefully, he'll fix the bug in the future. Unfortunately, it took me 20+ hours of debugging, iPhone restores, and reinstalls to figure this out. Unfortunately, the only customer support the developer seems to provide is license support. I did have no trouble setting up receiving using the developer-provided documentation. It's now working great and there is no better solution. All in all, I was disappointed with the customer support since this was a paid app, but the app itself is worth $3.

2. iclouder macrumors newbie

that did not work for me, ... but I found another solution

if you did all that and it still doesn't work, what I would recommend is that you add "Phone GV Extension" and "SMS GV Extension" to your Google Account 2-step verification process.

To do this, go into your Google account settings, go to Account Overview and select the edit button next to "2-step verification" then go to "Manage application-specific passwords". Then put in your password if it asks you for it and then it should take you to a page that has a box that says "Step 1 of 2: Generate new application-specific password". Give it a name like "Phone GV Extension" and "SMS GV Extension" and click generate.

Then take your iPhone and go into Settings app - go to "Phone GV Extension" or "SMS GV Extension" and type in that long password that Google has generated for you. You only have to enter it in once. And if you use both "Phone GV Extension" and "SMS GV Extension" you will have to create two different application-specific password by repeating this process.

Once you have done that, you will be able to continue enjoying the 2-step verification by Google and you will be able to make free Phone calls and send free SMS from the Apple native apps on your iPhone.

Boom. Done. Home Depot.