SMS GV extension questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AutoUnion39, Jan 4, 2011.

1. AutoUnion39, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011

AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I'm getting sick of using the official GV app because it's just soo buggy and slow. I was thinking of buying the extension off Cydia, but was having some questions about its usability.

On their website, it says I can have incoming push notifications thru the official GV app, but does that mean when I go into the messages app in my iPhone, I will only see outgoing messages or will the incoming ones come into that box also? I really want native notifications from my iPhone, not the stupid push notifications from the GV app

What's the best way to set it up? Make a seperate gmail account, forward the SMSs, and then set that up via exchange on the iPhone?

Thanks

2. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

It will be both outgoing and incoming. It will be set up as if your really using the native app for text messages. However, push needs to be on in the google voice app. You don't get the push notifications through the app....the extension forwards it to the native app (I think)

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

You install the app.

You tell it which app normally gets your google SMS messages (Googles app).

Your standard SMS app will then send and receive your google SMS messages. You do not ever have to open up the native app. Everything the native app is being pushed, automagically goes to your SMS app.

4. djarpit macrumors regular

its an amazing add on. i just got it a few weeks ago. using it in full motion. flawless addition

5. ctbear macrumors 6502a

There is another way to set the extension up if you don't want to install the GV app at all.
    In your Google voice settings, forward your text to your email. Then with push enabled for your email on your phone, the extension can capture the forwarded texts. Just enable that option under the extension settings.
    If you don't want the forwarded texts show up at new mails, create a filter under your Gmail settings. This should be pretty straight forward.

6. AutoUnion39 thread starter macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Didn't realize it was this simple. Decided to suck up and buy it, works very well

Thanks everyone!