Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
Since installing beta 6 on my new rMBP, the Messages app rarely works for my iMessages, often saying they are "delivered" and then instead having them go through as an SMS (but still showing up in the Messages app). Friends have been telling me that they get two copies of the message, both an iMessage and an SMS.

If I try to use Messages to send an SMS to someone who doesn't have an iDevice, the message just disappears into oblivion.

Has anyone else run into this problem? The phone I'm using is a 5S running iOS 8 beta 5. Definitely bummed; this is the biggest feature I'm looking forward to between the two new OSes.

Thomi2

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2014
Beta 5/ DP6 ?

Hey ! I think it's a problem with the fact you're using Beta 5 and DP6 on Mac.
There's a difference between the device and your Mac.
By the way, don't forget you're using beta softwares ! It can't work as expected. Just wait until final softwares are released and maybe it'll be fixed on its own. :apple:

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
It requires iOS 8 Beta 6, which hasn't been released for developers.
We'll have to wait.

It's annoying because once you have the taste of this feature, you can't let go of it.

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
It's annoying because once you have the taste of this feature, you can't let go of it.

Agreed; it's the main reason I went ahead and upgraded my MacBook, rather than spend $100 to fix my 6 1/2 year old one. Can't wait for it to be fully functional.

Thanks guys!

DigitalN.

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2007
To the people saying it's due to Beta 5 iOS, it works for me with my Macbook Air 2014 and iPhone 5S. My Mac is running DP6, and my phone is running the 5th beta. I had issues with the public preview version though, it did the same thing as OP until I reinstalled with DP6.

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
I downgraded to Yosemite Beta 5, and it works perfectly fine now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.