Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thisisarcadia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Has anyone else had the problem of texting someone and then move out to the main menu and click on someone else to text and when it opens to that person the text are all jumbled up and out of place and texts from the previous person you texted? This has been happening to me everyday and the only solution is to close the app and open back up. This is a pain for me because i use text as my primary way of communication. Does anyone know of a fix?

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
only thing is i am learning to be a dev so thats why i am running 3.0

Well, if you're learning, isn't it better to start with just the simulator? Unless you're jumping into accelerometer and OpenGL.

You also could see if you can get a cheap or free unlocked phone to use as your main phone and then just use the iPhone as the development device (unless you need the data connection as opposed to the Wi-Fi).

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Has anyone else had the problem of texting someone and then move out to the main menu and click on someone else to text and when it opens to that person the text are all jumbled up and out of place and texts from the previous person you texted? This has been happening to me everyday and the only solution is to close the app and open back up. This is a pain for me because i use text as my primary way of communication. Does anyone know of a fix?

I'll try to actually answer your question. Yes, I have had they same problem, and the only fix I have had is just going back to the list of people who have texted you then exiting messages all together then going back in. This has worked almost every time i think. Otherwise, I think the only fix will be Beta 3 hopefully.

It hasn't ever texted the wrong person which is what I am most scared of so that should reassure you a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.