SMS Issue In iPhone 4 CDMA In India

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pankajbiswas, Jun 13, 2013.

1. pankajbiswas macrumors newbie

Hello Guys,
    I am having an absurd SMS issue (Not sure if it's absurd or not, I'm a new iPhone user). It's a CDMA iPhone and I'm not receiving such SMSes which are being sent by Banks, Google, Facebook etc. FYI, those SMSes doesn't have a call back number, on my old BlackBerry those SMSes were displayed like this -
    Other SMSes sent from normal mobile, or operators having 10 or 5 digit numbers are appearing fine, but only those SMSes (apparently bulk SMSes) are not being displayed.

Can anybody help me please?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Is your number ported from a different operator?

3. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Sorry to get a bit off topic, but how would that affect this issue?

The main reason I'm asking is I'm planning to port from Sprint to AT&T in a few months. I just want to make sure I don't have issues later on by doing this.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm not sure that it would be a problem in the US because your numbers are geographic.

Here in NZ it's been a problem, particularly with foreign services, because the second digit of the phone number was traditionally an "operator code", eg. 1 for a Vodafone customer, 7 for Telecom, 9 for TelstraClear. This is no longer relevant with ported numbers but some places still assume "second digit is a 1 so I'll send this message to Vodafone".

This might not be the issue in the OP's case but the symptoms look similar.

5. pankajbiswas thread starter macrumors newbie

6. RCOMcare macrumors newbie

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, mobile no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Regards,

RCOMcare

7. pankajbiswas thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    You can reach me at 9 3 3 9 4 5 3 8 0 2
    It's the same number where I am having the issue - Here is the issue details:
    Thanks
    Pankaj

8. Mrappleguru macrumors newbie

Way too just let your phone number on the Internet like that
    lolol

9. RCOMcare macrumors newbie

Dear Customer,

As per your telephonic with our customer service associate, we wish to affirm that your aforesaid concern has been discussed and resolved to your satisfaction.

Cheers,

RCOM Care

10. pankajbiswas thread starter macrumors newbie

FYI, The problem is not solved yet. As per your suggestion, I have discussed with Banks and they are not able to do anything. As they proved me using another number (BSNL) that SMSes are coming fine. So now I am definitely sure that the problem is with Reliance.

Let me know if you have any solution?

Thanks

11. aniket.agl macrumors newbie

Hello.. Even I switched to Iphone CDMA with my Reliance Postpaid number 9327007823 yesterday, and I am facing the same issue..

Strangely, I bought this phone from a person using Reliance Prepaid, and while he was using this, he was able to receive the messages from Banks and all..

I kindly request to reply and take action on this issue urgently, else I will have to remove all my 150 numbers in CUG group from Reliance as I am harassed a lot from these small matters..

Expecting a reply/call from you asap..

12. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Why are y'all posting your numbers??

Just cancel if you're not getting the service you need.

13. pankajbiswas thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I posted as the Reliance guys asked for it. But weird thing I noticed is private messaging is turned off in MacRumors.

14. RCOMcare macrumors newbie

Dear Customer,

We have noted your complaint. The matter has been escalated to our customer service team who will get in touch with you directly to resolve your concerns.

Regards,

RCOMcare

15. RCOMcare macrumors newbie

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, mobile no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Regards,

RCOMcare

16. pankajbiswas thread starter macrumors newbie

Please check this thread from beginning.. We have our contact details within it -
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17440306&postcount=7

17. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Gosh, way to much public information being exposed here.

pankajbiswas, this seems like an issue related stricly to your iPhone as the apple thread you referred to notes.

The issue seems to have been resolved with iOS 6.1 and later:

1. Back up your old device (unencrypted), restore (new) phone to latest iOS 6.1.4 and restore from back up should bring your messages right back.

18. RCOMcare macrumors newbie

Dear Customer,

We have tried calling you on the given number but we were unable to reach you, Please provide with any of your alternate number if issue still persist.

Regards,

RCOMcare

19. swechacnu macrumors newbie

Dear Sir,

I have same issue please solv my problem.......