SMS messages not syncing on Mac

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by tillsbury, Oct 23, 2014.

1. tillsbury macrumors 65816

I'm liking the ability to send and receive SMS messages from the Mac, but it's a bit of a pain that it doesn't appear to sync back messages that have appeared when you're out (i.e. ones you sent or received on your iPhone when away).

Is it supposed to do this? As mine doesn't, conversations get garbled and missing sections, and so I have to check my phone as well to make sure I'm not missing anything and to reply to a message. Which kind of defeats the point of it.

I can't find any reference to it claiming to be able to sync SMS messages. Does it for anyone else? Am I doing it rong?

2. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

My messaged sync.

In fact, if I send an mms on my phone, I can see it pop in in the thread on my Mac immediately.

3. tripleh3lix macrumors regular

tripleh3lix

Was working fine for me too, then it stopped. Noticed it today as I haven't been using it, but it's been like this for a few days.

4. tillsbury thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmmm. I suspect this is all of a part with the weird stuff going on with Handoff. That was definitely working when I first installed Yosemite. Now it's almost entirely disappeared, from both iPhone and iPad.