SMS messages show phone number, not contact name

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by innerblitz, Nov 29, 2011.

1. innerblitz macrumors newbie

Installed 5.01 this morning and now my SMS messages are identified by the phone number and not the contact name. Rebooted twice, with no result.

Is there a fix or is this a known issue Apple is working on?

TY.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

No one is using the search function any longer :confused: :D

4. MachAF macrumors newbie

If you have Verizon dial *228. then hit option one. That should fix it. If not try hitting option 2. Then restart the phone.

Adding the 1 in front of some numbers worked. Other it didn't work. After I did what I posted above I haven't had any issues.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That was a good find:D

6. Eminent01 macrumors newbie

I noted the issue of phone calls, SMS & MMS messages starting to come in with phone numbers only and not resolving to contacts. Even thought the contacts already had the number in their profile.

I worked with Apple support and my issue seemed to be specific to Verizon. I corrected the issue by call *228 and use option #1 to program your phone again.

The fix was not immediate and after 3-5 minutes my phone numbers in recent calls did indeed resolve to a name versus just displaying the number. I also noted the SMS/MMS messages did not truncate or combine, though new messages did resolve to a name.

Hope this helps you!
    :eek: