Sms messaging

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by CotyB2009, May 8, 2015.

1. CotyB2009 macrumors newbie

Hey, guys... I got my 42 SS BSB Wednesday afternoon and didn't have much trouble syncing to my iPhone 6 and I can get calls to any number and iMessages to work just fine... ALTHOUGH, sms text messages will notify me on the watch, but when replying to or sending a new message to a number that does not belong to an iPhone, I will just get "Message Send Failure"... Does anyone know what may be going on with this? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Just came here to say that that combination looks really good!

3. CotyB2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I sure am loving it!!! #

4. swandy macrumors regular

Are you able to send SMS text messages to the same party directly from your iPhone? I know that sometimes - especially when I try to send a group messages and some of my relatives that don't have iPhones are included in the group - I will get that error. But it seems to happen a more often when my iPhone 6 is connected to Wifi and then it attempts to send everyone as an iMessage. (At least that is what it seems like to me.)

5. CotyB2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for replying.

Yeah, they immediately go through from the iPhone... I really have no clue why this would be happening. I've checked all settings and everything, no matter what iMessages work perfectly from the watch but sms will not work whether I'm on wifi or not! #

6. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

So, on the iPhone, the conversations with these non iPhone folks, in Messages, they are showing up as green (text), not blue (iMessage)? I would think if you had an existing conversation in text, that the watch should pick up the context with that same contact and go through.