SMS Not Sending

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2fresh12, Sep 21, 2008.

1. 2fresh12 macrumors newbie

Anybody have problems with SMS messages not sending or being recieved a while after they were sent i seem to be having this problem and was wondering if anyone else was and what i should do i text 24/7 maybe thats the problem :eek: ahhh

2. Amt macrumors regular

I've had that problem since the upgrade to 2.1.

3. 3kids macrumors regular

my phone freezes about 50% of the time when I try to send one after 2.1

4. chrisparr macrumors regular

I ported my number yesterday. Since then I've tried to send about 8 texts. 6 texts wouldn't leave my iPhone and the two that did never got to the recipient.

I know texting is using a connectionless protocol and are never guaranteed to get there, but this is a little strange.

5. iphonecode macrumors member

6. csrx macrumors member

Been having the same problem here... some sms I send seem to never get to the recipient. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's driving me crazy.

7. njohnson302 macrumors newbie

I've been having these problems for a while now, I text more than I call so it is not helpful that my texts take 30 minutes to send if at all... hopefully someone comes up with a fix.. quick.

8. timmypv15 macrumors regular

9. pinoy4065 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

i'm having the same problem im sending text messages to people still on AT&T network and they are not receiving all my messages. I do text a lot. and it seems from what ive noticed that its mainly my long long text messages that dont get received. But that just might be because those are the only messages that i end up finding out if they were received or not since i end up asking about it.

Anyone have any new info on the subject. Fixes, Reasons for problems?

10. ~Wibble~ macrumors member

i dont know if it's the same problem, but my texts were not going through.... 'error sending text', i just restored it and works fine now

~Wiggle~

11. pinoy4065 macrumors newbie

mine doesnt say error. It actually sends it. I do notice that sometimes it takes longer to send the message. But each and every time it still "sends" the message with no error and then adds it to my text message log

12. pinoy4065 macrumors newbie

*Bump*

Anyone with any new info, advise, suggestions. I'm going crazy over this. I'm basically talking to myself and thinking people just dont have time or care to answer me....

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

14. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

just call customer service and ask for tech, have them reprovision it on the account.

15. 3kids macrumors regular

The Apple store replaced my phone and it has not happened since.