Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaiPhone19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hi!

Could you please help me on this?

My problem is that everytime I receive a SMS from anyone, I am always getting a SMS notification from 1 specific contact. But when I checked that particular sms, there is really no message! The last message that is displayed is either my last text from that contact or the message that I received from her whichever is the latest.

I tried to reboot my phone and even removed my SIM card but it still does not work. What is more tricky is that even though there is no SIM card in the phone, when I switch it off then on, the SMS icon still displays that I have a new message.

Is this a bug or my phone has a virus? Please help!

Thanks a lot in advance!!! :)

PaddyB

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2005
Ireland
Hi!

Could you please help me on this?

My problem is that everytime I receive a SMS from anyone, I am always getting a SMS notification from 1 specific contact. But when I checked that particular sms, there is really no message! The last message that is displayed is either my last text from that contact or the message that I received from her whichever is the latest.

I tried to reboot my phone and even removed my SIM card but it still does not work. What is more tricky is that even though there is no SIM card in the phone, when I switch it off then on, the SMS icon still displays that I have a new message.

Is this a bug or my phone has a virus? Please help!

Thanks a lot in advance!!! :)

i think a restore is your only option :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.