SMS notifications no longer working?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LNYMRKO, Nov 30, 2010.

1. LNYMRKO macrumors regular

iPhone 4 4.1 jailbroken for some time, was all working fine till today when I noticed I was no longer getting alerts for new SMS'. No sounds, vibrations or notification (including lockinfo SMS plugin). The only way I can tell is to go into the biteSMS (or standard SMS app) and see it there (I also get a little SMS bubble along the top status row, albeit not when it is locked).

I've done all the usual tricks like respring/boot, power off/on, reinstall biteSMS, disable lockinfo etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone else had come across this or knows of something else I can try? Thanks!

2. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Same issue starting today. Do you have LockInfo? There was an update that came out today that may have messed things up.

3. LNYMRKO thread starter macrumors regular

I do, and also updated it today. Any way to revert?

4. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

As far as I know, no. However, the developer tweeted this earlier:

I'd say we'll have a fix by tomorrow or the next day.

5. LNYMRKO thread starter macrumors regular

Just had a look at some of his Twitter feeds.. Seen some of the things he was saying about removing Shrink etc.

Removing Shrink has fixed the issue for me. It's not ideal due to my springboard layout etc, but it's a workaround that fixes it temporarily. I'd rather have a cluttered springboard for a few days while the issue gets fixed than not be notified of SMS'.

6. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Lockinfo broke status bar alert icons for me. Also, If you run shrink and lockinfo together you will not get txt alerts at all as they conflict and mark messages instantly as read.

I removed shrink, and installed Notifier+ along with lockinfo.

I'd ditch lockinfo all together if it weren't for the lockscreen weather plugin. I dont want to run winterboard but love the lock weather.

7. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Lockinfo dev just tweeted that he released a beta that addressed the shrink conflict. Maybe were turning the corner on this afterall...

8. TJone macrumors 6502a

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

same for me, i get the badge to notify and i believe i still get the sound but no more pop up or status bar icon

my status bar icons work for all other alerts just not sms

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

YOU sir, were correct. It was an app issue. And all this time I thought it was bcuz of the changes I made to my sounds :confused:

OP, an update for LockInfo just came out like 10 seconds ago. I installed and everything works great now :D I have both LockInfo and Shrink installed and I'm now getting my pop up notifications for my SMS.

11. LNYMRKO thread starter macrumors regular

Latest update of LockInfo has fixed this issue. Shrink re-installed and everything working fine again :)