SMS - odd place for a "send" key

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mkstewartesq@co, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mkstewartesq@co macrumors regular

Am I the only one who find the placement of the send key odd? I have, more than once, accidentally sent a message midway through because the touchscreen read me hitting a top-row letter as "send". Why not put the "send" key at the top like in Mail?

2. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Nope, you're not the only one. I wouldn't want it on the top either, though, because I'm a frequent texter. The best for me would be a finger gesture (swipe, pinch, etc.) on the keyboard itself so the fingers don't have to keep moving all over the screen.

3. Screwtape macrumors regular

What the iPhone really needs is a "Are you sure you want to send?" prompt, or a cancel button. Either one would fix that. Maybe for 4.0?

4. Lakailb87 macrumors regular

On the landscape keyboard I have made that mistake

5. Switz213 macrumors 6502

I would shoot apple if they did that. Anyone that texts often, it would just get annoying. If you are a slow typer and send >10 or even more texts a day, it could be good. Maybe a toggle feature.

6. mrbrown macrumors 6502

If they were to have something like this, the best way to implement it is a delay before the phone actually sends out the message. For instance, when you hit send, such a feature should give you 2-3 seconds to hit the send button again (which would now be in red, and read "Cancel").

7. superxero3 macrumors regular

i would hate to confirm before it sends, but i would love there to be a 'cancel' button, or a giant X somewhere i could click to stop a text from sending... but this topic has been beat to death on these forums

8. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

I accidentally hit clear on occasion because that's where I think the send button should be. :confused:

9. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

It has been that way for 2 years. Why bring it up now?

But yes, i often hit the send button by accident. my boyfriend is usually the only person i text and he has an iphone so it doesnt really matter.

At least now with 3.0 you can continue to type messages while it is sending the last one and you're not stuck waiting.

10. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

This idea is so full of win.