SMS on Iphone with Jokes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daryliow, Jun 19, 2008.

1. daryliow macrumors regular

Hi,

With my old mobile i use to receive a lot of jokes from all my friends. Once i received them i sent them on to my other friends.

On my iphone you cant do that and it really bugs me becuase it is quite a simple task.

Do you think this will be resolved on the new iphone 3G?

Cheers Guys and Gals

2. ce242 macrumors newbie

Not sure about this, but for those who do not understand what the OP means, I think he is refereing to a method of using psudo ASCI art in a SMS message to make pictures over multiple lines. Worked really well back in the day when most phones has pretty standard screens.

It doesnt work on many newer phones due to the increased number of letters per line. I would imagine this will not work.

*Edit* btw if this is not what you mean, please explain :)

3. Roxerroneous macrumors newbie

It sounds to me that what the OP is looking for is text forwarding (I wouldn't mind seeing that either). That would be a firmare update (meaning it would be available to all iPhone versions) but I haven't heard anything about Apple including it in 2.0. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'd love to hear about it!

4. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

Thats exactly what i meant!!!!

5. LouB macrumors newbie

If you're jailbroken, try SMSD off installer...

6. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I know the OP wasn't talking about text forwarding, but I would ALSO love this! If we can't have traditional copy and paste, we should at least have something like this.

7. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Ugh... email forwarding comes to cell phones via texting. Remind me not to give you my phone number. :)