SMS or iMessage question

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Mistertuxedopants, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Mistertuxedopants macrumors newbie

I Have a question about this. So when you get a text message in ios5 it lets you slide the actually text message and it goes into the message application. but lets say you get a txt message and you slide to unlock your phone is there any way to stop that from going into the message program right away. no point in them both doing it. what if i don't want to respond right away

thanks
    MTP

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Slide to unlock still does the same thing by going to your home screen if you slide the txt over it will go to the text app.

3. BmoreDrumGuy macrumors regular

They both go to the same program IF you swipe to reply immediately. If you don't answer it immediately, and go back to it after the phone sleeps, it will open the standard home screen if you just do the normal slide unlock. If you swipe the message, it'll take you to the message app.

4. Mistertuxedopants thread starter macrumors newbie

if u slide to unlock as soon as u get the message it does to the message application

thanks, and there is no way to disable this i assume. I hate that they both do the same thing when u first get the message

5. BmoreDrumGuy macrumors regular

It's very redundant, and hopefully a future update will give us a little more control.

6. Mistertuxedopants thread starter macrumors newbie

oh and frunkis54, thanks for rick rolling me lol

7. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Your welcome i forgot i still had that :)

8. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Sliding the individual message really works best when you have more than one message. Then you can pick which message to open right away. But yeah, otherwise it's redundant.

9. Mistertuxedopants thread starter macrumors newbie

yep, i really hope they fix this... its not a big thing but just annoying