SMS Out-of-order problem solved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NDimichino, Jan 26, 2008.

1. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Everyone has been having the problem with their SMS going out of order since 1.1.3. I started noticing it too but I think I figured out why...

Usually when I'm sending an SMS, I hit the "Send" button and then hit the Sleep/Wake button (Which I'm assuming most of you do). I noticed when I received a message that the one I had previously sent was the one that was out of order.

I figured out that if you watch the message completely send before hitting the Sleep/Wake button the message goes up into the conversation and in the future is not out of order.

It shouldn't have to be this way, but if it really annoys you enough to change it, just make sure the message fully sends and moves up to the conversation before you hit the Sleep/Wake.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Just tried this out on both my phones, and it looks like you are correct. But you don't have to hit the sleep/wake button, as it also does this if you hit the home button while the text is sending. It didn't happen on the first 2 tries, but on the 3rd text it did it.

3. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I've been doing the new way of texting as to avoid the mix up and there was one that was still mixed up... so I guess it only works sometimes.

I'm surprised more people haven't commented if its working or not for them, it seemed to be a big problem for everyone.

4. scb02 macrumors regular

This does work in a wierd sence, but its onyl ebcause you keep the conversation window open (its still open once hit /sleep/wake si therefor its is fie, as for some reasons that works (keep conversation open) but iif like me you you close the conversation or are having more than 1 conversation then it still doesn't work

5. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

This may be 'a' solution, but it is not 'the' solution. We didn't have to do this pre 1.1.3, so Apple still really need to come up with a proper fix.

I loved the whole iChat look of apple's SMS setup when it was working, but this makes it more a hinderance than a help. Fingers crossed it is fixed in the next update.