SMS Pop Up Disable

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JH-, Jul 10, 2009.

1. JH- macrumors 6502

Is there a way to block the pop up notification for text messages while the iPhone is in use? I know you can disable the preview of the text. I don't even want the box to popup at all. I just want to the phone to vibrate like it does when an email comes in.

Thanks.

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I'm curious about this, too! I've subscribed to this thread; if you find out anything about this, please post it here! :)

3. JH- thread starter macrumors 6502

If possible I would like this solution to be free.

4. threezero macrumors 6502

dunt think there is an elegant solution out. right now it involves using iBlacklist or similiar call/sms blocker.

Which mean you ahve to leave it running and its usually a big memory and battery hog not to mention its not free.

5. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

A bit of this info is wrong. Iblacklist in cydia after jailbreak will do this and u can do this with the free version. Works great not sure about it being that much of a memory hog though

6. superxero3 macrumors regular

maybe an SBSettings toggle to toggle the message preview from poping up in 3.0.. that would be wonderful.

7. TechJunky macrumors regular

I used iblacklist for a long time and never noticed any drain on battery. But the reason I uninstalled it is that it blocks all pop-up texts, not just those on the lock screen (my primary reason for installing). For example, if I'm surfing or gaming and get a text, I would rather see it immediately instead of just getting an icon saying i have a new text. Then you have to close the app, and open sms just to see if you need to reply. I would like an app that only blocks pop-ups when locked.

8. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Where's the option to block it in blacklist? I can't find it.

9. JH- thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. The iBlacklist option was exactly what I was looking for. I don't want any notifications while the phone is in use. I would much rather only have them on the lockscreen. If iBlacklist made this a setting I would love it.

10. Strategy macrumors member

I think it's under extras then SMS privacy.

11. KingHuds macrumors 6502

12. Gatorac macrumors member

Bite sms will do this

13. djbrotherson macrumors regular

djbrotherson

14. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

anyone that uses quick dismiss.

i have to hit my home button twice to dismiss a txt alert. it kills the alert the first time, then another pops up under it. anyone else have this prob?