SMS question...13" mbpro HHD Upgrade???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DarkVinda, Feb 8, 2011.

1. DarkVinda, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

Hey folks - wondering if someone can clear this up for me...

i got a brand new 13" mbpro (not waiting for refresh - anyone that reads up knows i hate intel hd gfx)

basically my 15" went back to the insurance with a broken 160gb as i'd already replaced it with a brand new 320gb wd blue and they werent getting that...

my mbpro comes with 250gb and i was wondering if i swapped it over to the 320gb would the sudden motion sensor still work?

also it seems to me that the drive already in is very quite where as i remember on the 15" my 320gb was fairly noisy...

as it stands i need to install cs5 and thats it for OSX but at this exact moment in time i have 155gb space left...

so take adobe off and say about 140gb left...i need to bootcamp, either windows xp media centre and win7 hp and install steam and maybe 1 or 2 games so roughly anywhere between 40 - 60gb...

leaving me with 80gbish...

so main question - is it worth the hassle???

2. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

The SMS will work just fine, it`s part of the computer not the drive.
    As to your other question, no it`s probably not worth the hassle.
    Why not just get a caddy and use the 320gb as an external?

3. DarkVinda thread starter macrumors regular

DarkVinda

cheers for the advice - wasnt sure about SMS and what it is (i know what it does) wasnt sure if it was only on certain hard drives etc...

i would get a caddy for it - but i've got a wd passport white 500gb external portable and a 1tb wd my book nas...

im selling my dell desktop thats got a 160gb in it - but changing to a 320gb 2.5 wont bump it up that much!

might just keep it on one side while i figure out a use for it :D

4. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Yup, I never seem to have enough space, currently using 5 external drive for various things.
    How`s Manchester? Love that city :)