SMS relay is very out of sync

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by zamoht, Apr 21, 2015.

1. zamoht macrumors member

zamoht

When I send an SMS from my phone, it doesn't appear in the Messages app. And if I for example delete a message on my computer, it's still there on my iPhone. It all becomes very out of sync...

Is it supposed to be like this? Because it has been for me right from the start. It would be kinda nice if it all synced.

2. wepiii macrumors 6502

On each device go to settings, iMessage and then click send and receive. For me it works best if I only select my phone number from the list of choices. If your phone number isn't an option, click your account email at the top of the page and log out and back in.

3. zamoht thread starter macrumors member

zamoht

Well, that doesn't seem to solve the problem. Nothing happens on the other device when I delete messages. iMessage works fine - it's the regular SMS that is out of sync.

4. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

Hi

Here is what I can understand from yr original post.

You are running both iOS and OS X and you can't get at least some messages sent from one device to appear the other device.

It is indeed a problem but most people don't have that problem. It has occurred with me when I am traveling and have inserted a SIM card and subsequently also had a problem where iMessage would not activate for a few hours with the new SIM card and eventually could not "locate" the last few messages to download to the other device. But other than that I myself have not had the problem you mention.

Things to check:
    Make sure the apple iCloud ID you are using is identical on both devices.
    Make sure that Text Message Forwarding is enabled on iOS.
    Make sure that your mobile device phone number is one of the receivable IDs in the Messages app controls on yr mobile device.
    Ensure that all you're available receivable and sendable IDs are checked" both yr message apps.

The last thing that I have tried is to delete the massage thread. This has caused 2 different reactions: it may make the massage thread really be gone and not appear or it may indeed come back the next time a message appears in that thread and at that time the missing messages may also appear.

Lastly. it does appear that the way iOS and OS X handle the message threading does appear to be different. I have found that my mac OS X is able to sort it out well. IOS less well.