SMS Relay Working?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by prominence, Sep 17, 2014.

1. prominence macrumors regular

I was never prompted to enable sms relay when I activated iMessage after installing ios8. Can anyone provide step by step directions to enable it? Or was it left out of the public release verison of ios8?

Thanks!

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Nope. I think I read somewhere that it had been delayed until next month.

3. prominence thread starter macrumors regular

Was looking forward to it as a favorite feature!! Thanks for the heads up. :)

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The phone call handoff is pretty cool. You have to have both your iPad and iPhone on the same WiFi network. But that means I can leave my iPhone wherever in the house and get calls on my iPad. This feature isn't working yet on Yosemite beta, but it'll work on the final release. VERY neat feature. So I'm hoping SMS works just as well. I'll be interested to see if audio SMS works -- I hate the term "audio text messages."

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Phone calls being relayed to Yosemite works.

SMS relay from the phone to other Apple compatible devices is the feature that has turned off during beta.

6. arbogast777 macrumors regular

Im looking forward to it because in the lower level of my house I get next to no signal, so I plan on keeping the phone plugged in on an upper level and having it send calls to my iPad.