SMS Repeat Alert

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spykedmartini, Sep 14, 2008.

1. spykedmartini macrumors member

My iphone is on 2.1 and although it says that the iphone will continue to alert me up to two times after getting a new text. My phone has yet to do that. Any help?

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

You didn't actually check it after the first one did you? Mine has been properly alerting multiple times. I just let it sit there for a few minutes or so then it re-alerts me.

3. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

It repeats your text tone after 5 minutes of you not turning on (unlocking) your phone.

4. spykedmartini thread starter macrumors member

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

If you 'Slide to Unlock' or press 'Close/Reply' it will not sound again. It's only in place for the times you haven't heard sound the first time.

6. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

7. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

8. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

It's like a microwave when you leave your food in there for too long! Instead of... "your food is getting cold, you better take it out" it's... "your girlfriend just texted you, you better text her back before she gets pissed."

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

It's you I find it very handy I often miss the first alert.

10. McBanjo macrumors member

11. Nickb macrumors regular

i find it annoying just to join in - also i get abit disappointed, as usually a second alert means you have another text message, but when i look :confused::eek: i have no more!

its a sad occasion

12. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

It's handy but I kind of wish that it would make a different sound. Just a small beep and vibrate or something. It keeps confusing me in that I think I'm getting a new text message.

13. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

no, it's not just you. the feature sucks. give me an option to turn it off....

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Not annoying, but I would like the option to turn it off.

15. jcusick macrumors newbie

Love this "feature"

I'm a doctor and myself along with many others are using iPhones as our "pagers" via sms from our office. We are used to repeat alerts on pagers that continue much longer than just 2 repeats. I didn't know about the repeat feature so I for one am VERY happy to hear about it. I agree with everyone that there needs to be options to turn it off OR even us a different rigtone for the repeat! Many pagers do this. A loud obnoxious beep for the first notice then small little beeps for the repeat. While I'm at it... I really wish there was a rigtone option for the "New Mail" push mail. I would be using that as my "pager" (like a blackberry) but I really can't because I almost never hear the new mail sound when it's in my pocket. I'm also not sure about the relability of MobileMe yet. The advantage of email would be longer, more detailed messages and not using up my sms quota.

16. pauld macrumors regular

It annoys the crap out of me, but this suggestion would be fine if it simply give a slight chirp/vibrate on the repeat alert.

17. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

I love it. Maybe teenage girls that get texts all day long won't like it but for people doing serious business with their phone, it's indispensable. Agree a toggle off option would be nice.

18. kalafalas macrumors regular

it pisses me off cause i text about 400+ times a day, and when im in calss my phone is vibrating pretty much consistantly killing my battery and me not knowing how many texts i got, i used to be able to keep a mentle tally. this systum drives me up the damn wall, i want to be able to turn it off! one alert only! or at least an option screen in sounds, one, two, or three alerts.