SMS restore?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Montoya, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Montoya macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

So by accident I deleted all my text messages from my girlfriend.

Im really annoyed about this, but i havnt backed up my iphone since 26/05/2013

I plugged it in today 26/06/2013 and it started to sync straight away, when i cancelled it the only back up that was showing was 27/11/2012

The files are on my computer in the c-users-appdata-mobilesync folder

But im not sure how to go about finding the text messages and trying to transfer them into the new backup to overwrite them??

Not even sure if that is at all possible or what the file in the backup folder would be?

thank you for any help or advice or anything that you are able to offer.

2. Montoya thread starter macrumors newbie

If im unable to restore, what prog can i use on my laptop to read them if possible?

3. Louishvac201 macrumors newbie

Even when you have deleted messages on iOS most of the time you can still retrieve messages through spotlight or other apps in apps store. For example the only way to get rid of unwanted messages showing up in spotlight is to reset all content on device. Once you have completed the reset. iOS or iTunes will ask if you wish to restore your data from iCloud to an earlier date this will actually retrieve all your apps, messages and contacts that where on your device even if they where previously discarded. Meaning anything that was done during the period you wished to back up your phone will be restored.