SMS still slow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joesegal76, Aug 8, 2008.

1. joesegal76 macrumors member

Im guessing the "bug fixes" did not include slow SMS because its still just as bad as before. Anyone else still have an issue?

2. pw1500 macrumors regular

pw1500

Yep still laging major for me, it seems to be worst when i've canceled the itunes backup, any reason for this?

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

yep my texting worked good for a day. its back to lagging. BOOOOOOOOO

4. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

Still lagging for me as well. Looks like the wait continues. :(

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I get laggy SMS from time to time. Force quitting it, or any other lagging app, fixes it temporarily.

What I think is funny is all the peeps who installed 2.0.1 and immediately declared that it fixed this lag or that lag. Of course it seemed to fix a lot of things, because installing firmware reboots the phone, and rebooting flushes the RAM. Sure enough, as more time passes after the update, people are starting to complain of the same problems they had before the update, as the effects of the reboot wear off.

Everyone is friendlier after a nice nap. Doesn't mean they're a totally different person.

6. DrakeSavage macrumors newbie

yea same here...also texts are coming in way late...my friend will send me a test text and ill be sitting right next to him and i wont get the dam text for about 8 min. Unexceptable!

7. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Never have any lag, and dont have long iTunes backups...this just an iPhone 3G thing?

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same here. Not sure what is happening, but my 2.0.1 first generation iPhone is not having these problems.