SMS Templates

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphonedramarama, Aug 5, 2009.

1. iphonedramarama macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have the new iPhone 3GS and need some help.

I cant find sms templates that I can keep using, I could do this on my old Nokia but cant find info on the for my iPhone.:mad:

Any advise or help would be great.

Best regards

B

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

I believe you'd have to jailbreak your iPhone in order to set up a template, and install an app.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    No templates on a regular iPhone. I hate templates anyways. It is faster just type instead of searching through a list. :)

4. fleeper macrumors 6502

You can create templates in notes then you just copy and paste them into texts. Or if you have a text that you have sent and want to use again just copy and paste it.

Fleeper

5. ssowy macrumors newbie

SMSTemplates

I'm an iPhone developer and I created an app called SMS Templates. It allows you to create and use templates for frequently sent text messages. You can also associate a template with a default contact.

To send a template, just open the app, pick the template, pick the contact (if none has been previously defined), and the Messaging app opens automatically. The To: field will already be prefilled, and you just double tap on the message body to paste the template text. Unfortunately, the iPhone SDK restricts me from accessing the SMS app of the iPhone directly to post the template message.

Available now at the Appstore for $0.99. http://bit.ly/4Ct99c

[​IMG]

6. tuc73 macrumors newbie

SMS Templates

I just picked up SMS Blocks in the AppStore. The app provides rich functionality to manage sms templates.
    Just in case someone is still looking for this issue :)