SMS Text Forwarding - an old iPhone appeared

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DJTaurus, Dec 30, 2014.

1. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I purchased a new iPhone (replaced a 6 with a 6 plus). I ve done a clean restore to my old iPhone 6 so take a look at the photo below.... its from my 6 Plus. Why an iPhone option is there?...the old one?
    IMG_0002.PNG

2. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

edit your Apple ID and remove your old phone from trusted devices.

3. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

When you say edit?

Any link to remove the old phone? :eek::eek:

4. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Sure, go to http://appleid.apple.com
    Then go to Password and security, and next click on "Trusted devices"
    Chances are, your old phone is still there :)

However, for future reference, please note that if you sell the phone and the new owner sets it up with their own apple id, the device will disappear from your apple ID account. In your case, the phone is still there because you haven't restored it or no one else has activated it.

5. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I went there and i did not found any trusted devices category. I had to make a 2 step verification. And so i did and now i dont see my old iphone there... only the new one. But in the text message settings (picture above) the old iphone is still there... i did a clean restore and the old iphone still exists. I remember that before i gave it away i did a clean restore on my old iphone... i know that it has not yet been activated from a new user......so?

6. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

SMS Text Forwarding - an old iPhone appeared

This is a known issue that occurs if you restore a device BEFORE signing out of iCloud and iMessage on it. I have read that changing your Apple ID password will remove the device from that list. Otherwise, I am not sure how long it will stay there.

7. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

Yeap...

I did a restore without signing out from icloud.....i only turned off Find my Phone.

This is the second time with a ghost machine... the previous one was my MBAir with yosemite beta... i changed Apple ID and went away instantly. I dont want to change my apple id again :(:(

8. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

I changed my password did a restore and bye bye old iphone at last :cool:

Another question if anyone knows.... on the iPhone of a friend of mine the option of iPhone Cellular Calls is gone on the settings->facetime... any fix to try?.... icloud sign out/in didnt do the trick.