SMS text messages getting deleted after crash in JB 4.3.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DBlockAllDay, Apr 14, 2011.

1. DBlockAllDay macrumors member

Hello guys a very weird thing happened to me. Ever since two days ago my 3g data stopped working so I called att and gave me bologna responses so I searched online and found to do network reset. That night my 3g worked. I woke up yesterday and it wasn't working again. Initially I was running JB 4.1 and my firmware was unlockable 01.59.00. So I decided to upgrade and rejailbreak to fix my 3g woes. It did BUT now when I restored all my info as soon as I get a text message and view it, my phone crashes and deletes all of my text messages its empty. I keep everything all my contacts, pics, etc., but all of my text messages are gone. I tried to rejailbreak and restore several times and the same thing happened. Finally I decided to do a legitimate apple restore (knowing I was going to update my baseband) and jailbreak and needless to say the same thing happened again, I still lose all my messages as soon as the first person texts me. What could I do to fix this problem? Thanks

2. scottuf macrumors 6502

check permissions on the db file. look in /User/Library/SMS. Make sure the folder and all files in it are set to 0755, and ownership is set to mobile:mobile.

chmod 0755 -R /User/Library/SMS
    chown mobile:mobile -R /User/Library/SMS