SMS/Text query

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scouser75, Jul 17, 2010.

1. scouser75 macrumors 6502a

Guys, a quick question about SMS/Text Messaging - when entering the contact to send to can you not turn it to predictive contacts? ie you begin entering the name and choose from the list?

Right now you have to click the + sign, scroll to the contact you want and click. That is very loooooong!

In email it's predictive contacts. And I'm sure it was the same on the firmware 3.

I'm on the verge of trading in for the Desire :(

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

from the messages app, you tap the new message icon and just start typing in the "to" field. does your keyboard not pop up?

3. scouser75 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Keyboard pops up but when I start keying the name nothing comes up except for what I'm typing. In order to add a contact I have to do the + tab and then ALL my contacts come up to choose from.

4. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Turn your phone off and turn it back on. When you hit the write new button in messages your keyboard should pop up. After that you should be able to type and results should come instantly. i.e. as I type 'M' all contacts with the first letter 'M' show up, then I type 'I' and now all contacts with 'MI' as their first two letters show up etc...

Just do a simple on/off of the phone waiting 15 seconds in between. If this does not work a hard reset is a must.