SMS to multiple people = MMS??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slav2009, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Slav2009 macrumors member

I noticed when I sent an SMS to multiple people it sent it as an MMS. I read this is a "bug" in 3.0?

Can someone let me know how to fix this? If I turn off MMS Messaging, then I can't receive them (which is free in Australia), but I need to be able to receive them for work purposes. I just don't want to send them and pay ridiculous fees.

Cheers :)

2. GarySky macrumors newbie

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I know that as of 3.0 and even before, my group sms went out together, and it mashed the sms into one pointless "group chat" in the Messages app.

4. Haephestos macrumors regular

I am with Telstra in Australia, and I received a text message from them telling me of this issue, and that they will fix it asap. Since, there has been a carrier update file in iTunes which has fixed the issue.

5. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

6. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

7. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

Can someone else confirm (other than a newbie member, sorry no offense!) that this is OK to do and still keep my phone unlocked and jailbroken? I dont fully understand what it's doing but I want my multiple SMS fixed

8. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

It will not lock your iPhone up. Just because my title says newbie, it doesn´t mean I am a newbie;) But if you don´t trust me, then feel free to sit and wait for someone else to reply...

9. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

10. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

You`re very welcome:) I know that you can change and "renew" your carrier-settings throught that method, but did it fix your sms-problem?

11. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

12. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Well.. You could choose a few friends and send a sms saying; "Free beer at my place! Come happy:D" and see if it sends as sms or mms:)

13. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

What I mean is how do I test to see if the message was flagged as an SMS or MMS? Are there "properties" of some kind to see a sent message flagged a certain way?