SMS Tones Not Working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SteffiT, Aug 25, 2011.

1. SteffiT macrumors newbie

SteffiT

iPhone 4 running on 4.3.3. iTunes on my MacBook Pro is 10.4.1. On AT&T network, only used RedSn0w to jailbreak, not unlock.

I know the mute button is not on. The SMS tones are selected, not custom, just the ones on the phone. I do have a theme I downloaded that had a tone, I changed it, it worked for months, now it is not.

Ringtones & music play fine, but SMS or MMS just vibrate. So I know the speakers are ok.

Anyone else come across this? Or any ideas how to fix this? I just tried updating my phone to 4.3.3 & my iTunes & re-jailbreaking to see if that helped, it did not. Could it be the theme I have on there? Its the EnVy HD.

I do have iBlacklist installed on my phone, but always have since it was jailbroke, problem started about a few weeks ago. Driving me nuts.

Any help is appreciated.

2. SteffiT thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

As long as I don't have the SMS privacy on in the extras section mine works. I was having the same problem & it was driving me nuts! If I have that turned on I get the default tone. The iBlacklist still works for blocking calls/sms. Try it & see if it works.

3. SaharNZ macrumors newbie

How do I get to the extra's section....LOL.....Sorry very new to this!!