SMS Type Notifications for MobileMe Mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cleaver, Apr 8, 2010.

1. cleaver macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've had an iPhone for a few months and have been using the excellent mBoxMail with my Hotmail account. Everytime I got a new email it immediately came through with an SMS type notification on the screen showing who the email is off and the subject.

Yesterday I decided to 'upgrade' to MobileMe to to better tie my phone and iMac together...

I now get a sound/vibration and when I look at the home screen the number on the Mail 'badge' has advanced, but there's no on screen notification. Is this normal? I've tried all the possible options with no luck.

This was one of my favourite features of the phone. Any help or advise would be really welcome.

Many thanks,

Adam

2. pw1500 macrumors regular

pw1500

Try boxcar (appstore), it will send you a push notification if you foward your emails to the supplied email address.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I second this. I love boxcar.

You have to set me.com to forward the mail to Boxcar AND keep a copy in your mailbox.

What I do is set my mail to fetch every hour (not push). I'm getting the Boxcar notice, I don't need the e-mail pushing the mail too. That's just a waste of battery. It will fetch the mail when I see the notice and open the Mail app.

(I have it set to '1 hour' and not 'never' just in case I accidentally miss a notification somehow.)

4. cleaver thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks for the Boxcar recommendation, and for the associated info. It works perfectly. Bizarre that an app is required to do this.