SMS Unread Message Counter Not Showing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dawg1, Oct 11, 2012.

1. dawg1 macrumors newbie

I have 5.1.1 on my 4s. Aren't I supposed to have an unread counter on my SMS app badge in the homescreen (like the mail app)? I am using BiteSMS and Lockinfo. Is one of them making the unread counter disappear? I can't seem to get it to show up. I'd like to see it have the counter on if I hit 'later' in the BiteSMS quickreply. Any suggestions? I haven't had an iPhone for a year or so and can't remember if there's supposed to be an unread counter but I thought so (?). Thanks

2. jimmy575 macrumors member

I do not know much about jailbreaking, but I can tell you, you should have the amount of unread texts as a badge icon by your messages app icon.

It is called a badge icon, if you look under Settings > Notifications > [any app] you can turn this on or off.

I don't know why it's not working, I would check and toggle the setting, then go through some troubleshooting (restart, reset, restore as new), or attempt removing the tweaks you mentioned.