SMS vibrates too short? What do you think?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 857motoX, Aug 28, 2008.

?

Do you think your iPhone should vibrate longer when you recieve an incoming SMS/email

1. YES!!! This is very annoying!

40 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No, I think it is fine the way it is and it dosent bother me.

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. 857motoX macrumors newbie

I have been an iPhone owner since day one and the thing that annoys me the most is when I have my iPhone set to silent mode I can hardly feel the vibration of an incoming txt. Most of the time I will acctually hear my iPhone vibrate instead of feel it. Is it possible to have this changed in a software update? Who else thinks this should change??

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

More vibrate options would be nice to have. Also, having a vibrate reminder if a message has not been checked after some time.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would like it, along with the ability to choose a different sound than the 6 provided by Apple.

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I agree, it's way too short. Same thing for email notification as well. The email one is worse.

5. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

The only problem with lengthening the vibration is battery life. There is a hack to a plist you can do to lengthen it, it just takes a huge toll on the battery life. Personally I think its fine...thats just me though!

6. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I'm fine with the vibration the way it is.

If I changed anything I'd like it to go off every 15 minutes or so when I have a new text that I haven't checked.

7. Nukey macrumors member

Yes I think the buzz should be a bit longer and it should buzz every few minutes if you haven't checked it as my Motorola phone did.

8. cjandnw macrumors 6502

+1

9. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Buzzing repeatedly would kill the battery live if left unchecked over night.

I say we just get two options: Short (what it is now, about 2 second) and Long (about 5 seconds).

I'd be pretty happy with that.

10. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

My old Blackberry had the ability to set it to 1, 2, or 3 vibrations/tones for incoming SMS, I wish my iPhone had this :( Plus the default SMS tones suck! I guarantee you I wouldn't even roll over if my work server paged me during my slumber thanks to the quiet tones.

11. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I agree. Maybe a reminder that goes off like a new text every 5 minutes.

Also there should be a setting for one vibrate [like now], and also two or three.

12. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Yes, that's why I jailbroken my Iphone ;)

Now i get 3 loooong vibraaaates :p:p:p

aaahhh the pleasure....:D

13. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Even if you have a 5 second vibrate on a 5 minute reminder, that would be a total of 144 pulses over 12 hours for a total of 12 minutes of pulsing. Not going to be a big drain on the battery.

14. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

The lack of notification options is my biggest pet peeve with the iPhone. For all its amazing features, it is still way behind in basic cellphone functionality, like providing repeated notifications for a missed call/text, not just the single beep/buzz. The iPhone has a sophisticated setting system, just give us options for notifications. People like me who want a beep/buzz every couple minutes until the message is picked up can have it, and people who don't mind not knowing about missed calls/texts can have it their way.

On the same subject, the actual power of the vibration needs to be increased. I can barely feel the vibration when my phone is in my pocket. I used to be able to feel my old Motorola no matter how noisy the environment, so I rarely missed any calls. I'm missing a huge number of calls now 'cause I just don't notice my iPhone going off.