Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mctrees02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
What am I missing here?

I put in my POP setting as:

mail.myworkplace.com

I put in my SMTP setting as:

cwmx.com

- I've turned off WiFi
- I'm not adding a username/password to cwmx
- I don't have the option to mess with SSL or Port # during setup

When I enter all of the settings and hit save...it says "secure connection failed" (my company's security certificate is expired) and then it continues to work as "verifying IMAP account information" but it never saves the account or tells me what is wrong in my settings.

The only way to get out of the process is to turn off/on the screen and then I can save it again. Otherwise it keeps trying to verify the IMAP setting. I let it go 13 minutes this past time before stopping it.

HELP!!!!!!!!

siufai

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
what kind of email system are you using? I had the same issue with my work email. it is a Novell Groupwise email system. We have multiplue servers that host the emails and I tried all of them until I finally got connected to one. Turns out that all the other servers were maxed out on IMAP connections, except for the one that I was able to connect to.

Ninja Guidan

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2005
What am I missing here?

I put in my POP setting as:

mail.myworkplace.com

I put in my SMTP setting as:

cwmx.com

- I've turned off WiFi
- I'm not adding a username/password to cwmx
- I don't have the option to mess with SSL or Port # during setup

When I enter all of the settings and hit save...it says "secure connection failed" (my company's security certificate is expired) and then it continues to work as "verifying IMAP account information" but it never saves the account or tells me what is wrong in my settings.

The only way to get out of the process is to turn off/on the screen and then I can save it again. Otherwise it keeps trying to verify the IMAP setting. I let it go 13 minutes this past time before stopping it.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Why are you using cwmx.com as your outgoing smtp server and not your employer's outgoing smtp server?

siufai

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
Why are you using cwmx.com as your outgoing smtp server and not your employer's outgoing smtp server?

Well I dont know about the OP, but I work on a college campus, and the outgoing server only works on-campus network, we block users from using the server from off-campus, so we advise our users to use the ISP outgoing server on their blackberry, iphone, etc when they are off-campus

mctrees02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Our email is through Network Solutions. To my knowledge we only have 1 or 2 other guys using email for mobile devices but they're both using BB's.

Could I look at running the emails through mobile me instead?

mctrees02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
We don't have an external server that I use. We use Network Solutions for our email and they told me we don't use smtp.myworkplace.com for our outgoing.

I work out of my house in Dallas and our offices are in Tampa. My outgoing server at home is smtp.att.yahoo.com as that is my internet provider here at home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.