Smudge on new gen macbook under glass?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sterv, Nov 18, 2008.

1. sterv macrumors newbie

Saw smudge on my new macbook and thought i could wipe it off with a tissue but it didnt go away. It seems to be under the glass...

Anyone else have this?

Will the apple store let me exchange it for a new one?

no camera might post pics later

2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Most likely yes.

3. sterv thread starter macrumors newbie

Went to the apple store with it and said they couldnt do anything about it and i had to ship it to the repair people because the macbook was bought online and they can only replace ones in the store.
    is this right?

4. darshan macrumors member

it really shouldnt matter because its an apple product nontheless

i think it was their way of syaing "its a small thing live with it or ship it out (n den live with the inconvenience of being without a laptop for a few days"

but in my opinion, if its big enough to bother you, then you shouldnt have to live with it... make an appointment with another genius and try to plead your case more effectively

im sure they would take it in... esp if its bought v. recently

5. bobdard macrumors regular

they cannot replace it in the store, because the SKU numbers of products bought online won't scan in the store. They CAN, take the computer to the back or whatnot and repair it themselves; they should not tell you to ship it out; they can do it themselves. They may need to order a replacement glass or something, but they definitely shouldn't need you to send it out...

6. BeauGiles macrumors member

Was it the same as in this thread?
    If so, did they replace it for you, no questions asked? Or was it a repair? How long have you had the machine?