Smudges

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brett3rThanU, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

I bought a 16GB Black iPhone over the weekend and so far it has been great. My only gripe is that this thing smudges so easily. I don't care so much about the back of the phone, but the front constantly has smudges on it and are hard to get rid of. When I do wipe it, it seems to just smear.

1) What do you guys use to clean the smudges?
    2) Any way to reduce the smudging?

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

1) cloth that came with the iPhone
    2) use a case

3. LeMaestro macrumors newbie

Wet your finger with water, just a LITTLE BIT. Rub it on the face and then wipe with provided cloth.

4. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Anti-Glare static film for the front.. I picked them up at the local Apple store.. 2 films come in the pack, they run $14.95, one of the best purchases you'll ever make, guaranteed!

Apply that and the smudges will be gone..

5. ddk121 macrumors 6502

If you were looking to keep your new iPhone smudge free, you could purchase an Invisible Shield. I have the shield on mine, and get no smudges at all :)

6. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

PowerSupport Anti-Glare film for 3G? My Apple Store only had the Crystal film for the 3G.. they had anti-glare and crystal for the gen 1 though.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Lick your phone and wash it with your shirt.

Works like a charm.

8. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I just put a little siliva on my finger then apply to the phone and then use my shirt to wipe all smudges, works great. I played with my friend's iPhone 3G yesterday and didn't really mind the smudges on the back, it still looks great. Feels cheap though and lighter.

9. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

That's it.. they were probably sold out of the Anti-Glare, but local Apple stores do carry them as well as online.. I'm not sure if the online store has them up yet though..

The ones for the old phones don't quite fit they are about 3millimeters too short on the sides, so you could always use it until you get the 3g one..

10. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

This is the exact reason why I got the White version -- shows absolutely nothing!

11. meagain macrumors 68030

Will you please post photos of it? Everyone's dieing to see it on.

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Agreed.

Just use the cloth they give you and consistently whipe it down at the end of the day.

Had mine for a year and the screen is a little smudgy after a year of use but still looks good and all I have used is the original cloth